Job Title: Systems Engineer / Trainer - IP Networking
Locations: Dallas, Ottawa
Description: Our client company is a world-wide industry leader developing and manufacturing a broad portfolio of telecommunications, data communications, broadband, & wireless networking solutions. They seek talented IP technology experts to lead technical training & other technical sessions with their customers for next-generation technology. There are multiple positions currently open, and the ideal candidate could be based in either the Dallas, TX or Ottawa, Ontario areas.
- Provide technical training & guidance to customers in the areas of IP Networking, IP protocols, QoS, and other related IP networking technical topics.
- Lead technical training & other technical sessions with customers, mostly operating in small working groups. Training methodology is a combination of instructor-led training and E-Learning.
- Perform training course development and lab setup / maintenance as required.
- 5+ years experience as a systems engineer, sales engineer, or trainer and a track record of effective customer interface.
- Relevant experience with a carrier, service provider, ISP, VAR, network integrator, router / networking product vendor.
- BS / MS degree Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of IP networking standards & technology.
- Experience in the training of IP / MPLS courses would also be a strong plus.
- Seeking CCIE certification and/or equivalent technical skills / experience.
- Technical knowledge of a number of the following areas: MPLS, QoS, VPLS, IP, Unix, DSL, ATM, Sonet, Ethernet.
- Technical knowledge of many of the following IP protocols a strong plus: BGPV4, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, LDP, RFC-2547, Multicast Routing, Quality of Service.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Able to instruct customers & lead technical sessions with those at different levels of technical knowledge, ranging from executives to engineers to technicians. Able to distill complex technical information simply.
- Willing & able to travel domestically and internationally to customer sites.
If this opportunity does not meet your needs but you know someone qualified, please refer this opportunity to them. Refer This Opportunity to a Colleague.