Job Title: Principal / Senior Device Engineer - GaN Semiconductor Devices
Locations: North Carolina
Type: Full-time, Perm
Description: Our client company is an industry leader developing & manufacturing next-generation high-performance RF power devices & technology for wireless infrastructure applications. They are at the forefront of the industry with their technology, industry knowledge, and device design. Assume a key technical role designing next-generation GaN compound semiconductor device technology in the X-band (7-11 GHz).
- Define, design, and develop next generation GaN device technology (High voltage GaN HEMTs, High frequency GaN HEMTs).
- Develop fundamental understandings of GaN HEMT device physics & drive further improvements to performance, reliability, robustness, and manufacturability.
- Developing physical models to describe device operation from first principles.
- Develop device designs for improved performance, reliability, robustness, and manufacturability.
- Characterizing devices & setting up characterization plans under various DC and RF conditions.
- Work with materials scientists to drive improvements in device performance.
- Developing and maintaining device technology roadmaps.
- Research competitive device technologies to ensure competitive internal development programs.
- Masters or PhD degree in a semiconductor related field.
- 5-10+ years experience in the semiconductor device engineering function.
- Knowledge and/or direct experience in GaN-based devices.
- Experience performing compound semiconductor device design & optimizing device performance.
- Experience in high voltage, high power and/or high frequency (X-band or above) device design for RF applications would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of critical compound semiconductor processing steps.
- Knowledge of DC and RF testing of FETs.
- Knowledge of III-V materials technology and ability to work with materials scientists to drive improvements in device performance, as needed.
- Knowledge of solid-state device physics, especially field effect transistor (FET) theory (DC on- and off-state, RF performance, Schottky diode).
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and ability to correlate materials properties and process parameters to final device parameters. JMP experience preferred.
- Works with a sense of urgency, results focused, able to overcome obstacles, resourceful, able to drive consensus, works well cross-functionally.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, analytical skills, decision making ability, written/verbal communication.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
If this opportunity does not meet your needs but you know someone qualified, please refer this opportunity to them. Refer This Opportunity to a Colleague.