Job Title: Senior IOT Ineroperability Test Engineer: GPRS/EDGE Networking
Locations: Seattle, WA area
Type: Full-time, Perm or Contract
Assume a key role performing interoperability testing & certification of multi-vendor solutions for state-of-the-art GPRS/EDGE networking mobility capabilities. Our client has multiple positions for talented Interoperability Test Engineers with the highlighted skills.
- Key focus on SGSN interoperability & certification.
- Interoperability Test (IOT) support for RAN/SGSN combinations (Radio Access Network / Serving GPRS Support Node) in a multi-vendor lab environment.
- Validate and certify multi-vendor solutions. Certify handover and inter-operability of configurations, with other already certified multi-vendor RAN/SGSN combinations.
- Work through and resolve inter-operability test (IOT) issues with equipment developers & manufacturers as required.
- Optimize performance and dimensioning of configurations.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline such as EE/CS/ET.
- Experienced in telecommunications/data communications systems test, validation, and/or interoperability testing, preferably for wireless / mobility / data products.
- Strong technical knowledge in 2G / 3G / GSM / GPRS / EDGE / UTMS networking.
- Solid knowledge of 3G packet core and Radio Access Networks (RAN).
- Good knowledge of transport networks & protocols.
- Familiarity with Nokia-Siemens, Nortel, or Ericsson SGSNs.
- Familiarity with Ericsson, Nortel, other vendors GSM Radio Access Networks (GERAN).
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, written & verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide leadership & technical guidance to others a plus.
If this opportunity does not meet your needs but you know someone qualified, please refer this opportunity to them. Refer This Opportunity to a Colleague.